Senior Citizens are a treasure to our society. They have worked hard all these years for the development of the nation as well as the community. They possess a vast experience in different walks of life. The youth of today can gain from the experience of the senior citizens in taking the nation to greater heights. At this age of their life, they need to be taken care of and made to feel special. Indian Government provides several benefits through its schemes in various sectors of development.
With various tax benefits, travel and health care facilities provisioned for them, Indian Government has created reasons for Senior Citizens to feel happy. This corner on Senior Citizens is aimed at providing details on various aspects concerning them.
* Air Travel Concession - 50% on only basic fare (65 Years)
* Some private hospitals give discount - 30% (60 Years)
* Govt. Hospitals give treatment free of cost - (60 years)
* Banks give extra interest - ˝ % (60 Years)
* High court will give priority hearing (65 Years)
* Maharashtra Professional Tax - 100% (65 years)
* M. T. N. L. - 25% discount on monthly rentals (65 years)
* Railways have separate queue for Senior Citizens
* Income Tax relief
* Old age home admission free or nominal cost.
Formalities like filling of forms, gathering of information, submitting forms to Govt. officials & collecting the card & handling the card to concerned person etc. This honorary service is done by M-EYF at free of cost.
1. Proof of Age : Birth Certificate or School / College Leaving Certificate or Election Card or Passport (Not Expired) or PAN Card or Pension Card. ANYONE IS SUFFICIENT. If none available, obtain doctor’s certificate from ONLY Govt. Hospital or Municipal Dispensary regarding age.
2. Proof of Name: The name you give on the from should be indicate to the supporting document. If the name has change proof of Govt. Gazatte publication should be submitted or marriage certificate produce.
3. Proof Of Residence: In order of preference : Ration Card or Valid Passport or Election Card.
4. Doctor’s Certificate: Required for: Blood Group, illness/diseases, medication in use, medication allergic to the Certificate has to be on the doctor’s letter head with his / her signature, stamp & registration no., practitioner of India Medicine WITH register number can also certify.
5. Photographs: 3 Stamp size photo, Stick 2 photo on white from and stick 1 photo on pink form.
6. Needy Person has to pay only Rs.50/- (official Government Charge).